RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Asleep by Elizabeth Darcy, Nicole Ciacchella, and Anne Wentworth

Asleep 
by Elizabeth Darcy, Nicole Ciacchella, and Anne Wentworth
Released Date: Published June 13th 2013 by NPC Books 
Series: Fairytale Collection #2
Pages: Kindle Edition
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, 

A reimagining of the sleeping beauty tale.

When her beloved Prince Devaran is abducted from her parents’ castle during their engagement announcement ceremony, Princess Jessmyn vows that nothing will stop her from bringing his abductors to justice. Rescuing Dev won't be easy, and Jess will have to form an alliance with the other Realms if she's to win the most important battle of her life.

Imprisoned in a forbidding tower, Dev tries to find a way to warn Jess of the perils she’ll face. Weakened by deprivation and by the drugs administered by the madwoman who kidnapped him, Dev drifts between sleep and consciousness. As he relives cherished moments spent with Jess, Dev wonders if he’ll ever again be with the woman he loves.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

Beautifully written and engaging...

I was completely sucked into the story from the very beginning. Asleep is a retelling/influenced by the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. I found that this story was a lot more exciting than the original sleeping beauty. There are twists that no one would really expect it to have, but it works really well. I found myself liking the switching of point-of-views. It was refreshing to see how the two main characters interacted with others and how different they were. That being said, Asleep is about Princess Jessmyn's quest to rescue her true love/fiancee Prince Devaran from someone that is trying to take over the Five Realms. I really liked Princess Jessmyn's character, she is a strong and independent. She knows how working in a battlefield works and she is pretty much ready to become queen. On the other hand, Prince Devaran hides his true feelings by being sarcastic and rebelling against royal protocol. As these two different characters interact, it slowly becomes evident that they are falling in love with each other. 

I guess the saying opposites attract works really well in the story. Both of them balance each other out, and they will need to use what they're good at in order to save the Realms from getting conquered. Although the beginning of the story was interesting, it felt a bit slow for my liking, but as it got closer to the climax, I was able to feel the excitement building up all the way to the resolution. I found myself liking Prince Dev's point-of-view a lot better than Jessmyn's. His point-of-view was a lot more informative when it came to finding out how they both met and how they fell in love. It was in the past for the most part, while in Jessmyn's point-of-view, we are able to see the present and how she gets ready to rescue her prince. Overall, it was a great story and I really recommend everyone to try it out. 


My Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D