RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen


The Vampire Stalker

by 
Published June 1st 2011 by Point
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.
(Summary taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

I actually loved the description of the book and the cover! That's what told me to get the book. I thought the idea was really good and original. I mean, who hasn't fallen in love with a book character before? But the way that the author started the book and the way she connected the plot was very well executed. The story mainly focuses on Amy, an average high school with a passion for book, specially the books of Elizabeth Howard. She loves the book just as much as her two friends, but what she wasn't expecting to find on her way home was her favorite character come to live. From then on, her adventure starts by helping her favorite character, Alexander, capture the Elizabeth Howard's ultimate villain, Vigo. Although the book's idea was unique, there were times when I felt disconnected with the characters, towards the end it felt rushed, but it all worked out the end. I absolutely loved the ending, it was by far my favorite part of the whole book. It's definitely a book that everyone should try to read, it's not too long, and it's full of mystery and cute moments. I love how it's not overwhelmed with the whole vampire theme, it's certainly a book that a lot of readers can relate to (at least for girls out there, that have fallen in love with their favorite characters). :) 

My Ratings: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D